Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Exposure Shorts (Web Site)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member andy_winton's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 1999
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there,

    Just to let you know that things are
    happening.

    I've made a *very* rough web site at -

    http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~awinton/shorts/

    This will get updated with more info soon,
    I also have Lee helping with the HTML so
    all my stuff will get replaced soon.

    But thought you might be interested.

    cheers,

    andy

  2. #2
    Inactive Member andy_winton's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 1999
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 'cd layout' section will be all pretty
    with the 'tabs' along the top like on
    applications. At the moment this is *very*
    rough.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good work.

    BUT

    Where do I send my video, what other details must I supply

    ;-)

  4. #4
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    thats perfect Andy.

  5. #5
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    one thing. There should be a contact address (or web page I suppose) on the CD case, so that any interested party can get in touch with the film makers if they choose to.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Them1tch's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I suggest using free software from a company called small black box. The stuff is all that back end programming needed for websites.
    www.sbb.com

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Them1tch's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I suggest using free software from a company called small black box. The stuff is all that back end programming needed for websites.
    www.sbb.com

  8. #8
    Inactive Member andy_winton's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 1999
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi all,

    Thanks to Lee the template is now nice
    and groovy and ready for me to start to
    add more content. Please go back to the
    site and look at the CD layout.

    miker, I'll add details of what to do
    on the site soon. I think you send me
    physically a CD with the MPEG on it. And
    then maybe e-mail me pictures and web
    pages and bio stuff. I'll do one for
    mine then send a message to this group
    for you to get the idea.

    eddie, yep. This should be in the CD on
    your 'personal' page and also printed on
    the CD cover. So we need people to make
    pretty covers and inlays. I think these
    should also be on the CD as a PDF file.

    Them1tch, I'm not sure if we need this.
    Can you explain this more to me, maybe
    I just don't understand.

    Finally, thanks to Lee.

    I'll send more when I've made some
    changes.

    thanks again for all your work,

    andy


  9. #9
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All looking good
    if you want bit of a publicity push if you have something in place by May 12th i can give it a bit of a PR push but it would have to be May 12th

    keep up the good work

    Chance



  10. #10
    Inactive Member Vertino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 1999
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    I'm working with Andy on these HTML templates...

    we've added a section for contect details, making sure that all of the videos are fully credited to the film-maker... (wouldn't have it any other way!)

    I've also thought about have some cool web back-end database - to make the website more dynamic (and easier to maintain) - however we'd have some difficulty replicating than on the CD, so we're sticking with static HTML pages, that link the videos/contacts/etc...

    any other features you think that we need, then let us know!

    - Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •